Sunday, June 17, 2007

great dads!

On Father's Day each year, I can't help but think of how lucky I am. I was brought up by an incredible father who taught me much about hard work, persistence, patience and love. He also instilled in me a love of sports, books, and trying out new things. He spent countless hours working with my siblings and I teaching us skills in our favorite sports....coaching us, and helping us to become the best we could. He never accepted anything than less than our best and our hardest work. Some of my favorite memories of him and I were spent late Thursday nights while I was in High School and I was restless about a basketball game the next day...he would take me to the church so we could shoot around for a good hour or so and talk about what I could do the next day. He always made me feel like I could do anything. He's taught me much about change, about love for our Savior, and about miracles that can happen in someone's life. I think many times growing up I overlooked just how lucky I was to have him in my life...and especially now that I have my own kids, I can recognize just how lucky I was and still am. I love you, dad!
I also feel so lucky to have married an incredible man, who is also the father of our beautiful children! He never gives himself the credit he deserves for being the great dad that he is. Some of my favorite moments in my life have been to watch him with our little boys, teaching them, playing with them, snuggling with them, just being their dad! I'm glad that when I married him, I could see the kind of dad he was going to be....watchful, caring, educated, high expectation, loving, fun, carefree, consistant and thoughtful dad. I am glad my children have him as their example as a dad and husband. And am glad that I have him to help me along the way as well! I couldn't be the mom or wife I am without him helping me out! I love you too, Beej! :) ( he will be so mad that I wrote this):)
"--09u g6ymnyynnnynnnm67y7n7m7m7m7mmmmm88888876n6566n66666"...that was Booker writing "Happy Father's Day, Papa's and Dad! I love you!"


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Landon & Kara said...

Ha! This is great - I put an old picture up of me and my dad too for father's day! Great minds think alike! Well, can't wait to help ya on Tuesday...see ya then!