Wednesday, August 29, 2007

zebra stripes

Lincoln sits in a booster chair, and he was up to the table today and pushed himself backwards, making his chair fall backwards and hitting his head on the ground. After many hugs and kisses, I put him back in his chair and ran upstairs for something, and on my way I heard Booker say,"Oh sweetheart, let me help you feel better." My thought was kisses, hugs, giving him his toy back, etc. My thoughts are NEVER his thoughts. I walked down to find this:

"Booker," I asked, "What are you doing?" Booker replies,"I'm making his head feel better, mom! See, he's smiling! I'm giving him zebra stripes, like Stripes the zebra and it makes him happy!"


Thank goodness for washable markers and thoughtful 3 year olds!

The Culprit.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

I loved that story. Great job remembering to capture it on film.

Nate and Jessica said...

Booker looks extremely remorseful in that picture. So cute. I am loving Lincoln's hair---so handsome!