Saturday, September 8, 2007

being a mom


Do you ever have those days when while going through them, you don't think you can ever make it through to the end? Do you ever have those days when despite all best answers and tricks, you cannot get your kids to stop that constant, "AHHHHH" sound? Do you ever feel like you wish there was a "right answer" to know how to raise your child the best way? Do you ever have those days that you dread to hear the words from your spouse,"Sorry, I have to stay later. I'll be home late." I am often disappointed at my constant efforts to be a more patient, loving, and understanding wife and mother. Today, though, as I was having a harder afternoon, I just looked down at my boys and couldn't be more grateful to have them in my life. They can be such great company to have around. They find joy in the smallest of things..a popsicle on a hot day, an ant that is eating a crumb on the ground, but even better..I love hearing their giggles as they chase each other around the house. Booker's prayers lately have been some of the happiest moments I've had.."thank you for ALL my blessings, thank you for grandma and papa in Washington, thank you for grandma and papa coming to see me, thank you for the pizza from the store!...and the cutest...(in the midst of all his thank you's)..."thank you for sompthsing!" I think I need to say thank you prayers more in the day...to remind me of the great things I have around me and to get me out of the "mommy blues". There is nothing that makes me feel better than to remember the great life that I have.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

It's so funny that you wrote this blog...I was planning on doing a similar one today...probably still will tomorrow or something. I put a little quote at the top of my blog today basically to inspire and push me along as I feel all those things you mentioned. And for my last bit: you are an AMAZING mom and so positive. Those boys are SO lucky.

Annie said...

So sweet, you have the cutest boys.

The Teeples said...

Kiki,
Believe you me! I have those days too. Sometimes I feel the good days are few and far between. It is nice to know that this is all normal. There is no doubt in my mind that being a Mom is the hardest yet most rewarding job ever. The reward part may not show right now but with the way we are all trying to do our best, I can only hope that in the end Isaac will do the same thing I have done. You have so much gratitude in your hearts for your parents that you can't tell them Thank You enough.