Monday, January 28, 2008

farewell, president hinckley

After hearing of President Hinckley's passing last night, I had a chance to reflect on what an amazing life he lived and what an impact it has made in my life! As sad as I am about his passing, for him I am so happy because I know his cute little wife was waiting for him and I am positive that their reunion was sweet. It also makes me so greatful that as a child of God in an uncertain world, that I know not only that our Heavenly Father will not leave us without a prophet, but that we do not have to guess who it will be! What a blessing I feel it is to live in a time where we are continually taught by a prophet of God. President Hinckley could make the poorest or richest feel blessed, the sinner feel like reaching higher, the family remember its great duty, and everyone everywhere feel the great love that our Savior has for each of us! He truly was a great man and will be so missed.
“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” ( “Lord, Increase Our Faith,” Ensign, Nov. 1987, 52–53.)
How greatful I will always be to know I grew up listening and following President Hinckley's words. And how nice to know I can read them forever and feel of his love for me and for our Savior. Farewell, President Hinckley.

5 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

It's just so hard to believe isn't it? He was so wonderful. He truly changed, improved, and touched SO SO SO many people!

Keri Hennefer said...

What an amazing prophet of God. I am so thankful for his example and the love he had for others. He truly amazed me, and he will be missed.

Landon & Kara said...

Two incredible posts in a row! Kiki - YOU are inspiring! I'm so happy you are such a great friend to me!

cheeks said...

what a sweet tribute to such a sweet man! You are a great writer kiki!

The Teeples said...

Your Words said it all Kiki. Thanks girl. It is times like these that I have a hard time finding the right words to express my heartfelt appreciation. But you said it better than I could have ever written it. Thanks girl! Thanks for your other post right below it. I was having one of those days with Isaac. That really helped me out. See you tomorrow!!

heather :)