Monday, March 10, 2008

a few projects.

With the blizzard and snow craze going on around here...I'm feeling a little spring envy. Because church was cancelled yesterday, we had a nice full day to fill, so the boys and I made butterflies and wished for spring to come really quickly.


fun little paper flowers....very easy to make. a little time consuming on the folding and gluing, but worth it, i think! my sister gave me the idea for the initial flower, i just tweaked it a bit. her instructions are here. i am looking forward to making some different paper flowers to add to my bouquet!
got my inspiration for this project here. i didn't have the chipboard butterflies, but had some pressed cardboard, so i drew out the butterflies and cut them out and decorated them. letters were just random ones i had in my stash.
dear spring,
we are ready for you. please come quickly.
love, the comins.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, I am so excited for Spring too! At least it is warm today and feels like the snow is melting quickly. We can hear the birds out our window, so hopefully they know more than we do. I love your projects. You are an inspiration to me. So so cute!

Brian, Jami, Paige, and Austin said...

I LOVE your adorable projects! I think I'll have to try the flowers soon!! I can't agree with you more about wanting Spring to show her beautiful face!! We're so ready!! Crazy about the snowstorm!! Hopefully you all survive the cold and being stuck in your house for a few days!!

Landon & Kara said...

Well at least you had some pretty awesome company for part of the storm - I love your spring decor all put together!

Ashli Coburn said...

That is so cute!! I think I will have to borrow your idea!

Sarah Walton said...

what the heck, kiki! you just whipped all that out on a Sunday afternoon? I love it all! so cute and clever, and I love the colors you used.

Sarah and Mike said...

Seriously Kiki-you are so good at cutesie stuff! I love it.

Perry's said...

Such cute ideas, thanks for sharing. I definitely want spring to come quick too. You are so creative - I think I need a few lessons!

Nate and Jessica said...

Your boys are going to be the best little husbands...all trained in the arts and cooking and such! The flowers look great!

Anne Woods said...

can you teach me? Those flowers are so cute!!