Saturday, April 12, 2008

chili/chocolate cookoff

last night, our ward held its annual chili/chocolate cookoff. i know it sound kind of odd couple when said together, however, chocolate goes with ANYTHING, so it ends up always being a really fun night. because i am a vegetarian, beej never likes me to make my vegetarian chili (it makes a ton, and who would ever choose non-meat chili over meat filled chili..no one!), so i opt out on chocolate. last year i made a version of this cake...all in chocolate:
and this year, went for a spring-ier theme, hoping the warmer weather will stick here!

the boys always love decorating their own cakes when i am done..and then they thoroughly enjoy their own masterpieces. they are so SWEET!haha!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't dare eat one of your bugs because I didn't want to mar their beauty. But I'm sure they were delish.

Nate and Jessica said...

All I saw last night was one ladybug...they got snatched up fast! Amazing as usual...I wonder what the "skinny you know what in the kitchen" would have come up with.

Megan Melver said...

They looked super cute, kik.... See u totally didn't need my idea...cuz ur a SUPERSTAR!!!!!
p.s. i wish u picked up ur phone...

Lisa said...

Those were so darling, Kiki. I loved them! I got to the bidding room too late to bid on your cake, but after seeing your master-pieces the last 2 years, I've been dying to have you do a cake for a birthday or something. You should really start a cake decorating business!

Perry's said...

Wow your those look great you are so artistic and creative, I need some lessons. So sad we missed it, hopefully next year!