Monday, June 23, 2008

eat my fire!

a few days ago, one of my friends sent out an invitation to our ward to join her in a bicycle parade. the kids were suppose to decorate their bikes and bring them to ride with everyone else. as i thought about how i could get both boys involved, i suddenly had this idea:

we took our bike trailer and hooked it up to booker's trike, just to see if it would work the other night..and booker loved it! not to mention lincoln was in heaven sprawling out in the back. booker begged to take him out for a ride every second of the day for the last 2 days, so was rather excited that today showed up! i asked booker what he wanted to make his bike into and he said, "how bout a rocketship!" so we attempted. he wanted to make sure we had fire coming out the back.."cuz i will go really fast, mom", he said.

we made the nose of the rocket and made it black and improvised the front of the rocket with streamers that went to his seat..i thought this part was pretty weak!:) but i thought the back turned out great.
the boys painted their fire last night and were so excited to put it on the bike today.

and there it is...the eliminator(in a monster voice).. with a license plate that read "eat my fire". booker let me know as we were getting close to everyone, "mom, i am going to go really fast and win!" i had tried explaining to him more than 10 times that this was a parade and not a race...

apparently he didn't get the memo!:)
he was so cute and was such a trooper carrying lincoln through this whole thing..i thought it would wear him out...apparently i was wrong once again!:) this is booker opening his prize for his "rocket ship" bike.

thanks jocelyn for the great activity!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Landon & Kara said...

Kiki - you are truly the greatest, awesomest mom EVER! Your boys are too lucky!

Annie said...

How fun is that! I love the "Eat my fire" sign. That is something your boys will never forget. I wish I would have seen it in person!

emily and kevin griffin said...

that was a pretty good rocketship. i'm impressed, and booker pulling lincoln the whole way is pretty good too. just FYI....that kid will never run out of energy...haha.

Lisa said...

Kiki - You are an amazing mother. If only I had some of your talent and patience to do such great projects!

Sarah Walton said...

That was a pretty sweet contraption you made, Kiki! He definitely deserved the prize!

Perry's said...

What a fun thing I love your idea it looks like they had soo much fun!!

Kandice, Paul & Girls said...

That is the best idea ever!! I love that you have Booker do all the work, plus he has more than enough energy! Oooh, I should try that with Rachel, mabey she would sleep past 6:30. :)

Chris and Heather said...

I'm so happy I decided to check the mission website and found your blog. I was just wondering how you guys are doing?

We are adopting a baby right now. He is now six months old. Next month or in August he should be finalized.

You have cute kids.

Cara said...

that is so cute. I bet he was a speed demon in it--so fun!!