Monday, August 18, 2008

camping paradise.

last week, we had a few days to ourselves so we took up camping at one of the state parks here in ohio. it was camping paradise. i must say, one of my favorite camping experiences ever, probably because it included a bathroom, a full kitchen, a bed, and cable tv right in our own little cottage. the boys were in heaven and slept so great everyday...we will definitely be doing this again!

everyday included the following:
hiking




boating..the boys loved this!








swimming at the lake (or if you were lincoln, DRINKING at the lake!gross!)


roasting marshmallows


eating many s'mores


and snuggling in their first bunk bed! the boys were in heaven!



thanks grandma and papa! what fun memories to start off our last year of school!:)

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

Those pictures are adorable. And Booker and Lincoln really do look like they are in paradise. So glad you got to do that.

Ben C. said...

Where's the pictures of Kiki? Come on, people are going to think these kids are motherless!

Heather said...

That, my friend, is MY kind of camping! Love it.

Sarah Walton said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

Annie said...

Amazing how bunk beds bring so much joy. It looks like you had such a great time. I love when you can be outdoors, do the fire, hike and then take a nice hot shower and watch a little cable t.v. Camping in style.

Anne Woods said...

yeah for a great camping trip! and especially yeah for the last year of school! (where did you guys go?)

Landon & Kara said...

I love that picture of booker in the lake, what a tan little man!

Mindy said...

Where is this camping paradise? You gotta love the outdoors!

The O'Briens said...

Hi, this is Stephanie. I worked with Ben this Summer and have taken it upon myself to blog stalk your little family. :) I am pretty much swamped now that Ben is no longer hear to talk half of the work load! I'm happy that you all get to be back together again. I can't imagine how hard this Summer was!

emily and kevin griffin said...

so fun! that sounds like my kind of camping too.

Keri Hennefer said...

That's my kind of camping! Don't worry McKinlee drinks any water that she can reach! They don't care how sick it will make them! YUCK!

Megan Melver said...

I'm glad for ur sakes that u still got to watch the olympics... looks like tons of fun:) I miss u guys way to much:)