Sunday, December 14, 2008

a week in maizie's eyes.

Hi everyone...I'm sure you are wondering what I have been doing all week so here is a quick recap. I was born on Monday evening after 12 hours of labor. I couldn't come too quickly because mom and dad had to enjoy the whole season 1 of The Office AND I was trying to give dad a few hours of study time before his final on Wednesday. See how sweet I am?! When I finally did make my entrance into the world the doctors said I was pretty big..9 lbs, 6 oz...I guess he just didn't realize how great mom fed me in the womb! We stayed the night in the hospital where they checked me ALL night long. They kept sticking this really cold metal thing on me, right when I was getting warm, so of course I had to tell them I didn't like this and then they gave me to my mom. She let me eat whenever I wanted and kept me warm next to her. Then dad would steal me away and snuggle me in the chair where we would both snooze a little.

We were all ready to leave the next day. They told me my skin was a little too yellow, but we took care of that the next two days when I wore a little contraption that made me look like a silly glowworm. Apparently it did the job. While at home this week I got to snuggle and love my grandma, be held and kissed and poked and kissed and be sweetly talked to over and over by my big brothers. I can already tell I am the luckiest girl in the world to have two great big brothers like them. They already love me a lot.

I got to be wrapped and wrapped in lots of blankets..this one is from my grandma Kim. I love it so much. The colors make me smile inside and the blanket keeps me warm outside. Isn't it great!
And then, If you know my mom, you know she has been pretty excited to get me here. She dresses me in the craziest things, although she showed me myself in the mirror one day and what I could see looked pretty darn cute. My only complaint is that there is no end to this madness! I guess I need to just learn to love it too!:) Here I am:




I was just getting back from getting my pictures taken here...do you want to see a sneak peek? Click HERE.

Pretty much, you can see that I just have the best life ever. My two big brothers give me two thumbs up to my being here...and if I could, I would wink right back.



I can't wait to meet you all. xoxo maizie grace

5 comments:

Megan Melver said...

I love her outfits..... and her!!!!!Can't wait to meet her...

emily and kevin griffin said...

so cute!!!! love the pictures!

Annie said...

I knew you would take to a girl like a natural. Look at those outfits! She is so cute. I love the big flowers.

Keri Hennefer said...

Kiki she is aborable! I LOVE how cute you dress her! How fun to finally have a darling little girl! We are so happy for you guys! I'm glad all is well!

Cara said...

Maizie is absolutely adorable! That super blonde hair is soooo cute. Congrats!