Monday, February 2, 2009

a sweet day.

Yesterday we had the chance to bless Maizie at church and what a blessing it was! She was so sweet, Beej said she started to fuss just a little, but they quickly bounced her and back to dream world she went. It makes me so greatful for the priesthood and for such an amazing dad who holds the priesthood to be able to give her such a beautiful blessing. I wrote down the promises and blessings she was given, and as I reviewed them last night, and wrote them down for her so she could read them later, I was almost overwhelmed by the sweet girl that she is and imagining what she can become. I think so often I take for granted the blessing it is to have the priesthood so readily available to bless my life and to give me comfort, but yesterday as I listened to the 3 babies (yes, we have a lot of babies in our congregation!) who were blessed, all with distinctly different promises and blessings, I couldn't help but be filled with love for my Heavenly Father who knows and loves each of us individually and sees who we can become and shares a little of it with us. I am so greatful for our sweet Maizie and can't wait to see her develop and grow and see the great things that come from her life. Here are a few pics from yesterday:

daddy and maizie


i love the furrowed brow.

look at those little angels!


and i love that she is smiling now...




9 comments:

Annie said...

Isn't her little smile the sweetest! It was a beautiful blessing. She is such a precious little baby with such wonderful parents. How couldn't she turn out great? I love the dress and bow too. Now I need to get Jessica to show me how to make those adorable bows!

Heather said...

Her blessing was especially sweet. And she's to die for in that adorable dress.

Nate and Jessica said...

I'm so glad these are up already! I have been dying to see her in that outfit, which is cute beyond words! I cant wait to see all that Maizie becomes too. Probably a crafty baller like her mom!

emily and kevin griffin said...

such a cutie! those were neat promises!

Megan Melver said...

I agree. she is toooo cute!!

Monica said...

Love the pictures, love the post, Love her bow and dress. Beautiful. :)

Brandon & Sara said...

What a cute little dress and bow! Love it! And wow...Maizie has a lot to hold up to with all her mom's incredible craftiness!!! I'm sure it will rub off on her and she will be just as amazing!

megs said...

congrats, she is so sweet

Sarah Walton said...

That dress and bow are just to die for!! She's such a doll.