Thursday, November 19, 2009

reminders.



Last night as I sat at our ward's Young Women's in Excellence meeting, I was reminded over and over again by the spirit how important the temple is. For the Young Women, how important it is to stay worthy and prepare, and for me to stay worthy and GO! As these amazing Young Women I work with got up and explained what each of them had done this last year to prepare them for the temple, I could not have been more grateful for such a gospel as this, which has programs with standards and activities for the youth to help guide them through this craziest time of the world we live in. In my mind, I only saw 11 years down the road when Maizie will be doing the same things, and even further down the road that this program will produce the wives and mothers that my sons will marry. I know that is so far down the road, but for a moment last night I had a big picture moment, where you see things from really far back, instead of right in the moment. I think it really was because the whole focus last night was the temple, and that is exactly what focus the temple gives me...that BIG picture. The ETERNAL perspective of my life, the PEACEFUL, INSPIRING moments of my life where I can see and feel the Lord's hand in my life, and in my crazy life right now, I could not be more thankful for the blessings of the temple and the promises that I have made to keep my family an eternal one. What a great life I have. I am so blessed!




I love THIS message about WHY we build temples and THIS one about the blessings that come from the temple.

1 comment:

J & M Squared said...

The eternal perspective is one the things that really drew me to the gospel, and it's the one thing I lose sight of most often. You are awesome Kiki