Friday, November 13, 2009

something to smile about.


2 recent stories that brought on smiles....
* at the triathlon the kids had been waiting at the finish line for what seemed like forever when the first racer finally came in. Ben's mom told the kids, "Hey guys, the winner is coming in, let's make sure and cheer 'cuz he's been running a long time." Booker looked really hard and when the runner came around the corner he fell down on the ground and started throwing a tantrum. Ben's mom went over and tried consoling him and asked him what was wrong. (She wasn't sure if he had been hurt, etc.) Booker looked up at her and said, "My daddy didn't win and that made me sad." Wow, his expectations for the race were MUCH higher than ours were!:)
*If you have ever seen the word factory video, then this story might make sense. There is a song on this video that says, "First you take the "C" (C sound) then you take the "H"(H sound), put them all together and a whole new sound you make.."CH". Okay, you get the idea. Well, lately Booker has been loving spelling and putting words together, so we heard him singing the other day and all of a sudden he says, "First you take the "SH", then you add the "IT", put it all together and a whole new sound you get.."SH#!." And you can bet that he did NOT hear that word here at home. We are hoping it was just luck of the draw with sounds because we did not hear it again. So funny.:)
Today I am so thankful for children who bring a smile to my face every day.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Drewzer said...

That word factory story made me laugh so hard!!!! I love the funny things kids say. Too bad you didnt have the video camera... I think there's a story out there about Ben yelling swear words out the car window when he was Booker's age.

Nate and Jessica said...

I happen to know that Booker has been saying that word for YEARS. And drinking beer.

Anonymous said...

oh soooooo funny.out of the mouths of babes!!!

michele

donna clinger said...

Your boys are so so cute!!! Your little family makes me smile!!!

J & M Squared said...

Hilarious!!

Melinda said...

So so funny. I am shocked I haven't heard that song. I remember saying shhhhh (like to be quiet) and then quickly adding an it! on the end. Something I learned from an older brother. I know lots of cool thing like that. I can't wait get to know your kids better and to teach them everything I know!