Wednesday, November 4, 2009

winners and prayer.

First off, the winners from yesterday were:
(drumroll, please...)
Sarah Lunt and Sanae Gazdik!
can you ladies email me your address and I will get your winnings off to you.
Second, thanks for the comments yesterday. They were all so sweet..I love hearing from all my friends.:)
Now on to today...Lately I have had many great conversations dealing with one subject: my faith. As I have had these conversations and in some quiet moments (usually running):) I have never been more greatful in my life for the principle and power of prayer. Just the other day coming home from the store, I had popped a CD into the car and an instrumental version of Sweet Hour of Prayer came on and it forced me to remind myself of the words of the song...and before I knew it, I had tears in my eyes because of the powerful words in the song:

Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
That calls me from a world of care,
And bids me at my Father’s throne
Make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
My soul has often found relief,
And oft escaped the tempter’s snare,
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!

Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
Thy wings shall my petition bear
To Him whose truth and faithfulness
Engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since He bids me seek His face,
Believe His Word and trust His grace,
I’ll cast on Him my every care
And wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
Time after time in my life I have been in situations where I have no control over a situation and no one I can gain comfort from except Him, and because I have turned to Him and prayed, I know of the power and peace that He can bring into hearts that are turned to Him. Today I am thankful for the great power of prayer simply because I know He listens, He cares, and He answers.

4 comments:

emily and kevin griffin said...

hmmm...i was thinking of that same song two days ago...are we sisters or what?

hey, comment on mine too...:)

Gazdik Family said...

I LOVE reading spiritual moments people have, and your testimony really brought me,again, to appriciate the knowledge I have of the gospel.
I CAN'T BELEIVE I WON!!
I never win A N Y T H I N G.
Just have to say, you are a good woman. I will contact you by e-mail, and wow, I need to start planning the shrine of Kiki!!

Sarah Lunt said...

Wow, {tears} you reminded me of some important moments when those words gave me comfort...thank you so much for your testimony and your talents! I'm really thrilled to have something you made!!!!

Big Hug,

Sarah

Sarah Lunt said...

I can't find your email address so email me at s_lunt at yahoo dot com.

=)