Wednesday, March 24, 2010

who is she?

I don't know who she is.
She could have been a mother,
a grandmother,
rich or poor,
a friend,
a leader or a follower,
she could have been anyone.
But I do know what she has been to our family.
She has been a giver,
a life extender,
someone filled with much love,
and with little selfishness.
She has given my mom a part of her that my mom had to have.
And for that I will always be grateful.
My sweet mother underwent a liver transplant last night and the experience has made me grateful for so many things.
For the time we live in.
For doctors and the time they have had to spend to get things just right and their families who had to give up MUCH time to let them gain that experience.
For donors who give when they could have easily not have given.
For my sweet mom and her will to fight and live, her patience to deal with mortal frailties, her optimism and always her love.
For my family who understands the "stick together" thing.
For prayer and feeling closer in heart than in reality because of it.
And mostly for a loving and understanding Savior, who understands pain, worry, sickness, and weakness, and who is, in all senses, the ultimate Healer.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

kiki,wow how awsome!. hope your mom is doing good. my prayers are with her for a speedy recovery. and i offer prayes of thanks to the donor and her family wherever and whoever they are. what a wonderful gift
love,michele

Heather said...

an incredible gift. Thanks to all those who share.

Sara said...

Hope your mom's recovery goes well:)

Nate and Jessica said...

I was so happy to get your email today. So happy. I will keep thinking of you guys all day!

cheeks said...

oh kiki! i pray for a speedy recovery for your mom. Thank you for the reminder of how sweet life is. hugs from ohio!

emily and kevin griffin said...

way to go...it was a great post. she's doing awesome! miss you and love you.

Sarah and Toni said...

Beautiful post. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is going through so much, but how wonderful that she had a donor. Many prayers for a speedy recovery. Thanks for the wonderful reminder of the gift(s) our Savior has given us.

Sarah and Toni said...

oops - I'm logged into the wrong account..this is Sarah Lunt. Now I feel the need to explain that my friend and I have a blog...hence the 2nd account. feeling lame now.

kerstin said...

I'm so glad your mom is doing well. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Annie said...

So glad she is doing well and what a beautiful post. You express yourself so well.

Gazdik Family said...

Such a hard experience for all that is involved in this, I am sure... I am so grateful that your mother was given many years to add to her life to see your beautiful family grow.

The Teeples said...

oh sweet Kiki! I had no clue your Mom and you and your family were dealing with such a trial. Thsi was beautifully written and I will pray for speed recovery for your Mom.

Love ya girl!