Wednesday, April 14, 2010

boys, boys, boys.

Do you remember when this happened. 
Yep, I do too, only because it was ONE MONTH AGO!


Fast forward a month to see a little boy on his scooter..he falls and his nose catches on the scooter's handle and rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip...and scream, i run in time to see his nose bleeding.  I look closer and touch it to see how bad it is and the whole nose comes apart.  Okay, this is bad.  I call Ben, (once again so greatful he is 30 seconds away) and ask him to come quick.  5 1/2 hours later, 6 stitches later..I get delivered a happy boy:

well, as happy as you can be!

the damage:


And all this time we thought it would be Booker that followed in his dads ER king footsteps.  I think we were wrong!:)  Man, I love this kid! 
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Nate and Jessica said...

Wow. Wow. I mean WOW and OUCH. That's hard on mommies too.

Heather said...

Oh Kiki, so glad he can smile about it. You are indeed lucky that Ben is so close.

R said...

WOW. wow. That's brutal. I hope he heals well.
Good luck!

J & M Squared said...

Holy Crap I would be freakin!

cheeks said...

holy crap!!! this poor boy! i don't think i could have stomached that, so way to go you! i hate to tell you that those ER peeps will know you by name! they totally did w/ my 4 brothers....give linc a squeeze from us!

Sarah and Mike said...

Youch! Poor Lincoln! But even stitched up he's cute!

Annie said...

Oh poor little guy. He really is such a sweet little boy. I hope it heals quickly!

Kristin said...

Thank goodness for health insurance!

Sara said...

Ouch! Poor kid. Really from the handle bars off his scooter?! How does a kid manage to pull that off?!

Melinda said...

Ouch and kind of gross! I would never have guessed that just a month ago he had an accident that bad. I didn't notice anything on his face. Ouch!

Melinda said...

Can you send me a copy of the picture of all the boys making a silly face? I love that one. melindacomin@yahoo.com

Kara said...

OH MY GOSH!

Anonymous said...

ohh those blue eyes!! wonder if they make apts at the er!
joking aside glad he is ok and that ben is sooo close.
lincoln 2
tears 0
love ya
michele and angel

Taunya and Ian said...

Holy Crap! I think I would've puked on the spot! You are such a brave mom!

The Teeples said...

Oh My Gosh Kiki! You have had a wild time with ER visits. I am so sorry!! You are wonder mom and Lincoln is one tough cookie!!

We love and miss you guys!!

Sarah Walton said...

Oh, so sad! Poor little guy! I hope it heals well. I love how he still has a smile on his face!

Cara said...

How sad!! What a tough little guy! That is so nice to have Ben so close and it's good to see that his nose is all better now (in your recent posts). He is a true lil' man...he has a good injury story to wow the ladies with!