Friday, June 18, 2010

what these feet have been up to...


so i'd say that the reason i have been so bad at blogging in the last month was because i am just busy..which i am, but who isn't?  my next excuse is my real excuse. i've been tired. and NO, I am not prego. I had a friend call just over a month ago and ask if i'd be interested in doing something with her. So I said yes, not knowing exactly what I was getting myself into. The weekend before this began, I was SICK with worry..literally sick.  And so this is what I have been doing... a little workout regimen known as:

BOOT CAMP.

I haven't worked out like this in years..meaning in 10 or more. 5 days a week. At 5 am. Which puts the alarm clock at 4:15 am. Not only did this test me physically, but tested my will and mental power.  SO what kind of workouts did we do?

How about a day where we harnessed a tire to us and dragged it behind us and ran with it over curbs and hills..and this was just the warm-up. We were bear walking backwards UP a hill, with a push-up every 3 steps, and followed that up by being a crab UP the hill doing tricep dips along the way. We army crawled through our teammates-made body bridges, played leap frog, and walked like a duck. (not as easy as it sounds)

We did repeats of 100 pushups. 100, and I thought that was a lot until yesterday when our workout consisted of running up a hill to a field where we did 3 push-ups at every tree..and there were just over 30 trees, followed by 20 body pull-ups, tricep dips, sets of 10 push-ups, burpees, and dive bombs..and then did it all 2 more times!  It ended up being over 330 pushups. CRAZY and INSANE!

A week ago we pulled a truck AND trailer up a 3/4 mile hill, followed by a crazy squat challenge, which included 702 squats.

Cardio days included hill days..running repeat hills, then repeat stairs, then sprinting in sand..forward AND backward, then repeat hills again, except we got up the hill by putting our hands on the ground and hopping up to our hands..like a frog.

These are just a few of the workouts that I got to do in the last month. It has been grueling, but so rewarding. I have so enjoyed working out with new people and getting to know them..being pushed by really in shape people, and inspired by people who just want to change their lives.  Changing my view of exercise has been so good and am so looking forward to incorporating these new workouts into my own daily routine. I've decided hard things are good not only for your body, but for your mind as well. And I am one happy girl that I took this challenge on.:)
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

cheeks said...

kiki! i am super impressed....not only by those grueling workouts that sound like pure hell :) but the time of morning you got up!!!! Wow, you are superrwoman!! way to be so dedicated!

Anonymous said...

wow!! i am impressed.tired just reading your description lol
at that rate you will have the strength to keep up with those 3 liitle folks. bet ben likes the results!!
good for you!!
micheledersobi

Annie said...

Dude you must have some serious rippage of the muscles going on right now. That is impressive my friend. With all of the other stuff you have going on. You really are superwoman.

Annie said...

And sorry to put a damper on your workouts and all but I can pull tractors and trailers in my sleep. Mere child's play.

Anonymous said...

dang. That sounds tough.
So, do you have before and after shots?
keep it up!
~Rachel

Smittys said...

Kiki- I seriously don;t think that I am strong enough do do that...Mentally,or physically. Way to go !

Megan Melver said...

BEAST

Perry's said...

Look at you go, you are superwoman. I get up a 4:15 everyday for work I can't imagine trying to workout. You are so inspiring!

Keri said...

Nice work!! My brother actually has a Boot Camp, Wasatch Adventure Boot Camp in Salt Lake....its brutal! I try and go every time I am up there! Way to go, and nice job waking up! I love changing my workout!

Sarah Lunt said...

Soooo Impressed! I don't think I could EVEN get up at 4:15 for something fun, let alone a grueling workout! You rock!

Taunya and Ian said...

WOW!!! I would love to do something like that some day! You go girl!

The Teeples said...

Goodness girl1 This makes basketball on tuesday nights and Rec ball look like nothin. Way to go. I think I would have died having to wake up that early first of all then all the crap you did. You still inspire me girl. I am going to get up tomorrow and start loosing that baby fat.

Love ya,

Melinda said...

Wow and Wow.

Ally said...

WOW Kiki. You amaze me in SO many ways. Thank you for your sweet comment. I hope my blonde-headed-babies-to-be are half as cute as yours!!

And just so you know, even though I didn't really get to bask in your creative glory in the short time our paths crossed here, you will always be a living legend in O-H-I-O!:)

Gazdik Family said...

Oh, gosh, I see those woman EARLY in the morning. Half jelous of them and half glad that I am not the one pulling the tire.... I am trying to get back to running, and happned to think of you as I was running. Just thinking, Kiki must be in an awesome shape to do the tri-athlon, and I come home to this blog!! Keep chugging Kiki, you are my inspiration.

Bryan and Ellie said...

Holy. Cow.
When do we get to see a picture of your guns after 330 push-ups?