Monday, September 20, 2010

i survived a bite!

First off, thank you so much for all your sweet comments and suggestions. We've decided we will MAKE this a great place to be...and I will be taking some of your suggestions and putting them into action!

Sickness has been sweeping through this family again. It always seems to get each of us before its run its course.  We thought this would be no different.  Lincoln started throwing up 2 Wednesdays ago, then Ben started in on congestion, etc. on Saturday and Maizie quickly followed suit.  Last Wednesday morning about 2 am I woke up with the craziest stomach cramping I have ever felt. Then the throwing up started...but the worst part was the cramping. It lasted for 2 whole days. I prayed and prayed for the cramping to subside..and it finally did.  The only weird thing about this sickness is that I woke up on Wednesday with a little rash that I couldn't figure out..but on Thursday I woke up with this on my wrist:




The bullseye started out less than a quarter inch around and has grown to this..this is 6 days after the initial BLACK WIDOW BITE!  The rest of the bumps and redness are just an allergic reaction to the poisonous bite.  After reading up on black widow bites, that cramping and vomiting were all related to that tiny little bite I recieved 1-2 hours before waking up on Wednesday morning. We haven't been able to see any spiders at all..but figure they must be coming from our attic. You can imagine how freaked out I have been to sleep at night.  I even kept lights on last night, figuring since black widow's don't like light, I would be safer. You can bet we will be bug bombing every floor of our home ASAP! Crazy, Crazy life, I'm telling you!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so happy you're still alive!

Annie said...

Oh my heck!!! That is freaky! I can't believe that happened and I'm glad you are okay. Crazy!

R said...

That is freaky.
Something similar happened to Bella a couple weeks ago and she was hospitalized!! It got so bad that her whole calf and everything was swollen cause of some sort of bacteria that got in from the spider bite. Ewww.
My mom recommends Ortho Home defense for spraying for spiders. It doesn't help Bella sleeps in the basement.
Ew. I hate thinking about bugs crawling on me.

cheeks said...

holy crap! that is way scary. i don't blame you AT ALL for sleeping with lights on! i hope you are feeling back to normal asap!!

good luck with the new ward...i'm taking in all the advice people have mentioned...i'm not excited to be in that position soon.

Taunya and Ian said...

I totally know how you feel! we lived in a bsmt of a house in Logan and we had HOBO spiders and all other kinds everywhere! One time I killed 8 in one day! We put out traps and I feared every night if I ever got up to use the restroom that I would step on one that was crawling towards the trap! I am glad you are ok-that bite is crazy!

emily and kevin griffin said...

yuck.

Nate and Jessica said...

You dont know how this freaks me out. So crazy. I guess you were justified cancelling our lunch date. :)

Anne Woods said...

oh my gosh. that is terrible! what a nightmare. amazing ho your body naturally was able to fight it... get rid of those things!

Melinda said...

Ahhh, that seriously freaks me out. That bite looks awful! Yikes and yikes. It's amazing that a spider bite can make you so sick. That is exactly why I am terrified of spiders.

The Teeples said...

Holy Crap. I was freaking out for you when I read this post. Partly because I have been watching this freaky show all about different bites and what happens to your body. I just had seen one about a black widow and it wasn't pretty. You have done amazingly better than the guy on the show. I am so glad you are fine. I hate spiders! I hate them even more now I see what it did to you.