Tuesday, November 23, 2010

day four: the simple things


I love having the opportunity to get dinner together every night for my family. I love being able to go to the fridge and open it and there in front of me is a whole array of healthy cold food that I can put together for my family.  I love being able to pull out one of a hundred pans/dishes to cook and put our food on and if I want to I can make my table as fancy or undecorated as I want.  I can fill our cups with fresh pure water and refill them as many times as I need to, and as I sit around the table with my sweet family, I can feel safe and warm with a big, undripping roof over my head. And this is just putting together dinner. I could come up with a thousand circumstances everyday in which I am thankful for the simple things in my life..the ones often  overlooked and forgotten about, until you read, hear about, or experience the ones who go without.  The Lord has truly blessed us with so many simple things and for that, I am thankful.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow, I love the positive outlook you have for just cooking dinner. I love the idea of thankful week.

Allyson said...

Thank you for this!! And for all of your other sweet posts.:) I needed this more than you know. If only I could be thankful when I make dinner - that would make all the difference.

You're a rockstar, you know?:)