Wednesday, December 1, 2010

the good and bad of it all.

Yes, I am copying my friends. There really is no better way to describe our Thanksgiving.

Let me tell you about it.

Wed. afternoon- Our goal is to leave Vegas by 1 pm.  1 pm we are in the car and as we are leaving our street, our car starts to shake. 1:30-Kids and Ben are at his office, I am at a car repair shop..just to check things out. 1:40- I am told we need 4 new tires. THE GOOD: we do not get a blow-out part way through our trip and have to pay for towing AND service. THE BAD: we start out our trip -$650 and at 6 pm.  

We are now 15 minutes out of San Diego. THE BAD: Maizie throws up powdered donuts everywhere.  THE GOOD: We are only 15 minutes away. And at least it was good smelling!:)..or maybe I was just tired.

Okay, maybe I don't have a lot of good and bad..in fact, I count the trip a TOTAL success with this being about the only BAD I can remember.


I did have fun with my SIL making up some fun turkeys..I really only did one thing on them, but it was fun watching her!:)

Making a quick trip to the temple..


Seriously having so much fun with our cousins...BTW what on earth did I do to Lincoln's hair?!!

Cannot go to San Diego without a trip to the ocean..so fun...

And of course got spoiled and loved enough until the next time..


It really was such a fun time..a great way to end our Thanksgiving season and look forward to all that the Christmas season holds. So, so excited for it!


5 comments:

Gazdik Family said...

That road trip is definitlly going to be one to remember and will be told over and over.....
But the pictures are full of big smiles!!! Our cloudy, cold days have started. I am OK baking cinnamon rolls and curling up with blankets, but looking at your sunny pictures did make me a tad jealous of your sun.....

cheeks said...

so, new tires for christmas huh? i'm sure that's what you've always wanted! you don't remember the trips years down the road unless there was something that didn't go quite right! :) glad the rest of the time was a success! i'm totally jealous of the beach and sunny pics! the high for the whole week is like 30 degrees here!

Drewzer said...

I dont know how you can say anything that was thrown up smelled good... even donuts! It does look like you guys had fun though. Are you up for letting us invade Vegas for Spring Break????

Nate and Jessica said...

Nothing like the smell of donut vomit...I actually had a donut today...wonder if I could make it come back up. I'll be calling ya...maybe a get together before your fam arrives?

R said...

Glad you got those tires! My brother had a tire blow out and his car rolled. Talk about bad.

I too love the holidays. Happy Season!