Saturday, December 11, 2010

You know you have lived in Las Vegas too long when...

This afternoon, Ben and I were eating our lunch when Booker came in the house from the backyard. He was yelling for Ben saying, "Dad, dad!" He came in the house and said, "Dad, you need to come out here right now."  Ben asked,  "Why?"  Booker replied,"There is this very strange green thing growing up in our backyard.  There are thousands of them everywhere.  You need to come and see this!"  Ben and I couldn't hold in our laugter as Ben replied, "Ummmm..that is GRASS, Booker." "We have grass?" he asked,  "Wahhhhooooooo".

We've been in this brown wasteland much too long.
Though I did enjoy my run today in shorts and a t-shirt. Can't beat that in December!:)

6 comments:

cheeks said...

that's too funny!!!! i might settle for no grass over snowy winters....yeah. yeah i would...in a heartbeat!

Nate and Jessica said...

Oh no way! Sounds like he hasn't been over here often enough either!

Anonymous said...

wowwwwwwwwww, we could send some really cold air this eve.how about 18 degrees.having a very early winter.just enjoy your grass!! lol

michele

Smittys said...

I just laughed my head off!

emily and kevin griffin said...

hmmm...i froze my little bum off this morning for the the first five minutes...but then i was fine:)

Bryan and Ellie said...

Argh! Do you know how many layers I had to wear running this morning? I have so much laundry these days!

I LOVE your new header picture of your kids. All three of them are adorable!