Monday, January 17, 2011

in awe.

I am constantly in awe how something like this:


can grow into this so quickly.


Booker is 7 today.  He is truly one special boy.  Each time I look at him in awe of all he does and who he is reminds me what a miracle he is.  7 years ago I sat in a hospital bed holding him.. not quite sure what I was suppose to do..how to do things just the right way. Booker has taught me how to be a mother. He has helped shape me into a better person..taught me to look at life with a grateful and detailed eye..and has shown me how to enjoy the simple things. His LOVE and ZEST for life is contagious. I am constantly saying that if I moved around and enjoyed my life as Booker does NOTHING COULD STOP ME!  He is one incredible kid and I feel SO blessed to have him in my life.

Booker at 7:

favorite color:  red, green and pink
favorite food:  peanut butter and jelly
favorite animal: zebra
favorite movie:  Star Wars
favorite place to eat out:  McDonald's
favorite subject in school: art
favorite activity:  play with Bob (his LARGE stuffed dog)
favorite sport: basketball and soccer
favorite team:  Arizona Cardinals (because they have a red bird.)
favorite basketball player:  Jimmer Fredette
goals to accomplish when 7:  learn to ride his bike, running first 5k, taking over the world.:)


Happy Birthday, Booker!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Booker! And love his baby picture. So adorable. He seriously is such a sweet boy. I want him and Kylie to be best friends. :) He is so nice all the time, always trying to do his best, works hard, is kind, loving, funny, list goes on. You guys have done well!

cheeks said...

happy birthday booker! what a cute little man! i love his angelic glowing hair in his baby pic! i don't think i've ever seen such blonde hair!

kerstin said...

Happy Birthday Booker! I can't believe he is 7 already! Time flies...the last time I saw him he was closer to being a baby...I am going to talk to Brian and we are coming to visit! ;)

Nate and Jessica said...

He really does look angelic in that baby picture...and actually in the second one too...I love him!

Anonymous said...

WOW happy birthday booker!!! we miss you.
you sure have grown. those eyes are unmistakenable. they say COMIN!!
michele abd angel

Sarah Walton said...

Booker is one handsome little kid!! Happy Birthday Booker!

Melinda said...

Wow! I can't believe how white his hair was!