Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sweet and funny.

The other day, I witnessed something so sweet and special (at least for a mom). We were talking about our plans for the next day and told the kids what we were going to be doing and Booker asked.."Why do we have to go?"..I answered that he should be happy he was going to get to see his best friend. He stopped me right away and said, "Mom, LINCOLN is my best friend. My other friends come next, but Lincoln is my best!"

I have always wanted my kids to be each others best friends, but you know how it is..through fighting and sharing and growing up at different ages, you just never know. Not only did this touch my heart..but I can tell you that Lincoln walked a bit taller that day too, knowing that his big brother loves him enough and LIKES being around him enough to call him his best friend. SO sweet.

We also had a really funny experience.

Lincoln has been doing this really weird snorting sound out of his nose. It is a total habit and one that has been awful to get him to break. After making him go and blow his nose one time, he immediately snorted again and Ben told him to go blow it again.

Lincoln answered," Dad! I can't help it, it's a medical condition!"

Ha! Have you seen Rio when Luis the bulldog is being made fun of for slobbering and he gets offended and says, "Don't make fun of me, it's a medical condition".  Glad my little Lincoln can not only hear funny things, but use them in correct ways as well!:)

2 comments:

nye.jessica@gmail.com said...

I talked to Nate and yes, it is a medical condition. ;)

Gazdik Family said...

That is funny.....
Hey we are amazed at your talent every time we go vote for you!! You talent and your kids' looks make them magazine models everytime you take pictures of them!!